Sunday, March 24, 2013

Under Appreciated Band: MGMT


For the list of my most favorable bands ever, MGMT is close to the top. They are a indie-rock band that is extremely psychedelic and formed from Wesleyan University in the beginning of the 2000s. 

They named themselves MGMT after they originally called The Management back in 2005. 



I'm obsessed with their music, and their songs are just so happy and insane. Electric Feel, one of their biggest hits from Oracular Spectacular album, is probably my favorite song of all time. The hook and beat is just crazy and unmatched. I really have no idea what that song is about, but its amazing. 

With lyrics that make no logical sense and beats that are poetic and psychogenic, MGMT is one of the best undiscovered bands ever. 

Oracular Spectacular, their first major album, was ranked from the Rolling Stones to be the 494th best album of all time, and is one of my absolute favorites. 

I started to listen to MGMT a few years back, and I fell in love the first time i heard their hit single "Kids".

My celebrity crush is Andrew Vanwyngarder, one of the members of the band. I adore the whole free spirit, hippie aspect of the band, something I never was interested in before I listened to them. 

I'm going to go see them live in May in the Cleveland Masonic Auditorium with my friends, and words cannot describe how excited I am to see them live. 



No comments:

Post a Comment