Friday, March 15, 2013

Under-Appreciated Artist: The Weeknd

I know that I say this quite a lot, but my absolute favorite artist for my generation has to be The Weeknd.   
Born Abel Tesfaye in Ontario Canada, he began with mixtapes just three years ago. Since than, he has gain recognition for his new album "Trilogy"

What stood out to me about the Weeknd is the amazing voice he has. What he sings about makes it so much better because of his amazing voice. 

His music seems similar to dark R&B, and that's really different from that type of music being created in R&B. Majority of his music involves pain, breakups, and drugs. What I like about his music is the amount of truth that he creates.

Even though he sings about relevant situations for the current day and age, the way that he sings it is beautiful. 
His songs are so slow and relaxing, and it's much different than music popular now. 

Currently, he has been involved with rappers such as Drake and Cleveland's Juicy J. 
I don't really know how I was first introduced to his music, probably was just from tumblr, but I am so happy that I started to listen to him. 
I absolutely love his music and I would love to see him succeed in the music industry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment