Friday, March 15, 2013

Under-Appreciated Artist: Captain Murphy (Flying Lotus)

A recent artist that I have come across lately is Captain Murphy, a cartoon musician otherwise known as Flying Lotus. 

This artist is Flying Lotus's alter ego, and was a hidden identity until Lotus recently relieved that he was Murphy.

Flying Lotus is popular for mainly his unique beats, and Captain Murphy is no exception of that.  
  


Captain Murphy incorporates a mixture of music that can be observed as crude and distasteful, but that is exactly why I like him. Murphy incorporates actual cult audio, such as Heaven's Gate UFO Cult Planetary Evacuation

  I recently downloaded his album Duality, and it features other artist like Earl Sweatshirt, who is one of my favorite rappers of this current generation. 

   My favorite song from his mixtape would have to be Mighty Morphine Forskin; the mixture of different sounds in that particular song really interests me greatly.

 I am really into the bright colors and sounds that he can just create in his beats,which draws me so intrigued by Duality. My boyfriend, who introduced me to Duality,and I have been listening to his music a lot lately. I would be very happy to continue following Captain Murphy and listen to more albums if he releases any.  
    


No comments:

Post a Comment