Friday, February 8, 2013

Under-Appreciated Artist: Lana Del Rey

Through the current month, I have started to appreciate new music that I have not payed attention to previously, and Lana Del Rey is an amusing artist. 

Though there is mixed views on her abilities, I personally really enjoy her music because of her originality. Del Reys song clash modern hip hip with Nancy Sinatra style, and I really respect that. 

Rey's actual name is Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, a young singer from New York, NY.  

I first saw her about a year ago preforming on Saturday Night Live, but I was less than pleased with her performance and I just thought she was an awful artist. 


Some may argue about her use of profanity in her music, but I find her provocativeness to be quite interesting   




But since than, I have slowly listening to more and more of her music. I than began to realize that I liked her music, but I loved her overall message in her music.


She uses the rhetorical uses of freedom and beauty, and it is completely obvious though all of her music.

There is such a soothing effect in her music, and I really enjoy that. She can create such raw emotions though her music, which I find captivating


I have since introduced my friends to her music, and now we all have a slight obsession with her.
I will probably continue to listen to her music, even though she is not favored by all. 


1 comment:

  1. I saw that the new video for "Burning Desire" was posted on Gorilla vs. Bear in case you wanted to see it.

    ReplyDelete